COVID-Safe - Dentistry during Coronavirus
Creating a Safe Environment for our
Patients and Staff during Coronavirus
We have introduced new measures at Goodwood Dental to help provide the safest environment that we can for our patients and team during COVID-19. These changes will remain in place until further notice.
Note that these new measures are in addition to our strict adherence to best practice infection control guidelines, which we always practice, and do not affect our ability to provide you with the highest standard of dentistry and clinical care.
- Pre-appointment screening (via telephone) of all patients for elevated risk of COVID-19. Where a patient has an elevated risk, or is currently unwell, their appointment will be deferred until safe to do so.
- All patients must complete and sign a COVID-19 supplementary medical history form at each appointment.
- Any team member who is in unwell or who has an elevated risk of COVID-19 exposure will not attend work until better or safe to do so.
- All visits by non-essential people to the practice have been stopped. This includes dental company representatives and school/kindy tours.
- Waiting room chairs have been widely spaced to allow patients to sit with a 1.5m gap – in line with social distancing guidelines.
- Patients who drive to their appointment are asked to call us when they have arrived and then wait in their car until called for their appointment.
- We have suspended our 24-hour cancellation policy. We want patients to feel comfortable cancelling or rescheduling their appointment at any time.
- Prior to treatment, all patients 6 years and older are asked to rinse their mouth with a chlorhexidine-based solution. Chlorhexidine is a disinfectant and antiseptic agent.
- We will clean and disinfect all frequently touched surfaces in the common areas throughout the day.
- All books, magazines, toys and children’s equipment have been removed from the waiting room.
- Drinking glasses in the waiting room have been replaced with single use biodegradable plastic cups.
- Doors within the clinic have been propped open where possible to minimise the need to touch common surfaces.
- We have hand sanitiser provided at the reception desk for patients to use.
- Patients are asked to only bring those people who are absolutely necessary with them to their appointment, to keep numbers within the building to an absolute minimum.
We apologise for any inconvenience or delays that are caused by these measures and appreciate your understanding during this difficult time.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask our friendly staff during your visit, or contact us on (08) 8373 3951, email us at email@example.com or book an appointment online.