In light of the emergence of coronavirus / COVID-19 within our society, we are temporarily introducing additional measures and procedures within our dental practice to help provide the safest environment that we can for our patients and team, as well as slow the spread of coronavirus / COVID-19 within our community. These measures are in addition to strict adherence to best practice infection control guidelines which we always practice.
Slowing the spread of COVID-19 is the only way that we can try to ensure that our limited medical resources will be available for the most vulnerable in our community when they need it. We all have a role to play in this, and small sacrifices made by us all can quickly have a positive impact. Effective immediately, the following changes have been made at Goodwood Dental:
- Pre-appointment screening via telephone of all patients for elevated risk of COVID-19. Where a patient has an elevated risk, their appointment will be deferred until safe to do so.
- All patients must complete and sign a COVID-19 supplementary medical history form at each appointment.
- Any team member who is in unwell or who has an elevated risk of COVID-19 exposure will not attend work until better or safe to do so.
- All visits by non-essential people to the practice have been stopped. This includes dental company representatives and school/kindy tours.
- We have suspended our 24-hour cancellation policy. We want patients to feel comfortable cancelling or rescheduling their appointment at any time.
- We will clean and disinfect all frequently touched surfaces in the common areas throughout the day.
- Patients will no longer be provided with a hot refresher towel upon completion of their appointment
- All books, magazines, toys and children’s equipment have been removed from the waiting room.
- Waiting room chairs have been widely spaced to allow patients a 1.5m gap in line with social distancing guidelines.
- Drinking glasses in the waiting room have been replaced with single use biodegradable plastic cups.
- We have hand sanitiser provided at the reception desk and in the waiting room for patients to use.
- Patients are asked to only bring those people who are absolutely necessary with them to their appointment, to keep numbers within the building to an absolute minimum.
These changes will be in place until further notice. Whilst these measures are in place we will be continuing to provide you with the highest standard of dentistry and clinical care. However, we do apologise for any inconvenience or delays that are caused by these measures and appreciate your understanding during this time.